Friday, July 29, 2011

This is Your Life.


Hola!  I am Lee Lueder, a senior at Lake Highlands High School.   This is my first week ever in Costa Rica, and it has been the best week of my life.  I have gotten the opportunity to help build the walls for a health clinic, dig a ditch for the sewage, build rooms for Sunday School, and build a stage for worship, all while forming and strengthening relationships with friends and strengthening my relationship with God.  Today, I had the luxury of sleeping in until 10 A.M, which was a welcome break to many days of 7 A.M. wake-up calls from the girls down the hall.  After a morning of rest and relaxation, I joined my fellow Wolf Pack members in seeing Costa Rica from the air via the zip line.  I will never forget the sights I saw and the relationships I strengthened today.  There I was lucky enough to hear Sarah and Andrew Beard share pertinent advice on how to effectively live your life for God as a high school student.  After riding the zip line, I came back for a delightful dinner of rice and beans.   Then I went to worship in which we sang the Lord’s praises, heard a touching testimony from Haley McCollum and listened to a fantastic message from Stephen talking about showing love through one’s actions and not just through words.  With a 3 A.M. departure, I have to go to bed now.  Thanks for reading!

-Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment