Friday, July 22, 2011

Out of Chaos, Life is Being Found


Hey, it’s Grant Carter. This is my last day in Costa Rica; I really wish I could stay longer.  Today was more of a relaxed day. We all had the choice of zip lining through the rainforest, hiking through the rainforest, or staying here, at the Hotel El Bambu. I chose to stay here at the hotel with my BFF, Blake. He’s awesome. And cool. We played soccer in the rain, swam, and watched movies while the others hiked and zip-lined. This past week has been one of the most memorable times of my life so far from working on the work sites to worship every night. Here, you fully experience God’s presence and warmth. You have no idea how sad I am to leave this beautiful place. I have been coming here for four years. The relationships I have built through this church and in Costa Rica have been ones I will never forget. My last and final comment will be a shout out to my boy, Roger, the bus driver. He truly spoke to me last night when he shared his incredible testimony. Hearing about his problems in life really made me put mine into perspective and it truly showed me the amazing power of God’s grace.

-Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment