Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Another Day in Paradise


Hi Parents!! It is Emma Alpert blogging today here to tell you about my day today. I was on the big work site today and we got so so much done in so little time. It was crazy. We carried about 100 loads of cement on wheelbarrows, and carried them into the house and laid them down where Roberto asked. By the end of the day I’m sure we all felt quite accomplished. It didn’t rain here as much as it did yesterday, but it is unbelievably humid. I bet the amount of sweat each individual person has had just in one day is more than the amount of a whole entire football team. Maybe more. But it just cooled down right now because it just started pouring raining as me, Andrew, and Bull sit down in the worship area. The other night there was a HUGEE storm and I bet half of the people woke up in the middle of the night thinking they were going to die. The thunder was so crazy loud, and the whole room shook with every thunder.  A big group of girls and I have been scouting out monkeys in our forest by our hotel rooms, unfortunately with very little luck, yet the amount of beetles/June bugs could possibly make up for it. You really cannot even walk into your room without a nice long train of beetles waiting to get in before you. Gross. Andrew and Bull are requesting I talk about how great the leaders have been soooo I guess I should say they are good. Just kidding, but actually they have all been amazing. They have all made it so easy to just be here, and be relaxed and feel so loved. It’s really been the most amazing time and I’ve only been here 4 days. Everyone just really comes together and becomes so close no matter who they are and whom they are friends with. I definitely wish I as staying for week two. Well, it’s time for bed now but we all miss you all, and will see you guys soon, even though I’m sure most of us could stay here forever. Goodnight, Hope Dallas is good!

-Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment