Thursday, August 4, 2011

T's Weekly Thought: Real Problems

Hey guys!

So.......I'm getting old, so believe me when I say I know I am super behind in the "hip websites" department.  In Costa Rica Andrew told me about a website where people post "rich people problems". I haven't visited it, but I giggled hearing some of the things the kids said were posted there.

I couldn't help but want to post something myself on my recent trip home from costa rica.  As I sat there on the plane....reflecting on all the sweet memories I would take with me....the youth, the poverty, the experience, the love......I had to block out a 20 something sitting next to me who did nothing but complain about how sick he was of hiking the rainforest, eating beans and rice, staying in hotels for 6 weeks, etc.  He had obviously been traveling with friends in costa rica for some time.  I couldn't help but think......rich person problem.  

Was he seriously complaining about a hotel bed?  Food on his table?  Hiking in Gods beautiful creations?

It was hard for me to keep my mouth closed.  But alas, I just put my headphones on.

I guess the most embarrassing part is there are a lot of days I sound like this guy.  I find myself complaining about things that most people in this world will never even experience.  I completely lose perspective.  Fail to remember that this really is.......a rich person problem.  And I don't even care who you are reading this......if you have a computer or phone to read this on.....you fall into the same category as me.  Someone who has more "rich person problems"..........than real ones.

We are blessed....and most of our problems are as bad as we make them out to be.   Most of our "problems" really aren't problems at all.  It's just us....losing sight of what's really important and how lucky we really are.

So....think about it.  And watch yourself.  Watch your words, your perspective, your problems..........

You might see, that you really don't have any problems at all.......

I love you.  Always will.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment