Monday, October 3, 2011

Second Sunday-A Night Of Worship

Second Sunday
     So about a month ago we had our first ever Second Sunday night worship.  In case you don't know what I'm talking about, Second Sunday is a time to escape everything for an hour once a month to sing, pray, meditate, or just listen while we sing worship songs with acoustic guitars and simple percussion.  This is a totally stripped down night of worship for anyone who wants to.  It's not a "youth" thing, a "college" thing, or a "young adult" thing.  It's for anyone and everyone who wants to gather and worship God.
     I love a big band.  I love lights and production.  I love a great message...but sometimes it's nice to just escape that and simply gather and sing.
     During Second Sunday back in September I was reminded of how rarely I get the opportunity to go back to my "first love".  For me, my "first love" is sitting around singing songs to God, about God.  For me, it's rejuvenating.  Second Sunday may not be your thing.  Music and singing may not be your "first love".  But I think we all need times of quiet to escape from the world and just think about God.  If you haven't found a time to do that, I hope you'll join us this Sunday October 9th in the Youth Basement of Highland Park United Methodist.
     Let us know if you have any questions.  We are so excited for this Sunday and we hope you are too.

Andrew

What you can do...

Check out the Facebook event and invite a friend.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=254614944574270 

Check out last months blog about Second Sunday and pass the word.
http://hpumcstudents.blogspot.com/2011/09/second-sunday-night-of-worship.html

Join us on Sunday October 9th from 6-7pm in the Youth Basement of HPUMC.

No comments:

Post a Comment