Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekly Thought From T - It's Magic! - Week of 11-14-10

Hey Everyone!!

Hope you had a great weekend and are ready for yet - another week!  Only one more til Thanksgving!  : ))

So Saturday night I was out to dinner with my family - and we were having a great discussion about Jesus and heaven - you know every day table talk ; ).  Anyway, in the middle of the conversation Georgie bursts out with, "Mommy!  In heaven if you need to go (enter 5 years old's version of "bathroom" here) then Jesus just uses his magic and you don't have to go anymore!!!"  After I fell over laughing for a solid 2 minutes - I said, "You know Georgie, I think you might be right!"

Georgie may be on to something........because if you think about it - Jesus has all kinds of magic.  He healed people, raised them from the dead, he even died himself and then came back to life!

The greatest of Jesus magic - is what he did for us.  He has so much "magic" that He makes all our sin disappear.  It's amazing....and that is truly magic.....!  Day after day he gives us hope!  Not only in others - but especially ourselves.

Sometimes I worry that this "magic" that Jesus so freely gave gives us an excuse to sin - rather than a reason to change. 

If we look closely in the Bible and learn about the people that Jesus spent time with/forgave- the amazing thing was - they not only wanted to be forgiven - but they wanted to be different from that moment on.  So instead of Zacchaeus or the woman at the well saying, "hey thanks for spending time with me Jesus and forgiving me - now if you'll excuse me, I'll get back to my old ways..." they thanked Christ - and then completely turned their lives around.

Now THAT'S magic!

Christ died so that we can be forgiven - and then CHANGE.  In John 8 He uses a woman who commits adultry as an example.  Everyone wants to stone her to death - Jesus picks her up - dusts her off - and tell everyone else to knock it off!  Then looks at her and says, "Go and sin no more".

Go - and sin no more.

Christ did not die on the cross so that we could do and live and be whatever we want and in the end say, "Well, thanks Jesus for dying for me so I could do whatever I wanted".  Christ died so that we could understand that THAT kind of love REALLY does exist - and that kind of love changes people for the better.  FOREVER.

Christ wants us to use his magic - that's why He did what He did - but don't use it as an excuse for what you do - use it to change who you are......


I love you. Always will.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment