Monday, January 9, 2012

Great News at HPUMC for Cornerstone and Youth

As you may have seen in a recent email or you heard yesterday at Thrive, we have very exciting news happening in Cornerstone and in the Youth department.  Below is a copy of the email sent out. 

I am so pleased to announce the following staff promotions within our HPUMC family. Effective January 15th, Tova Sido will move into Cornerstone as the Cornerstone Campus Pastor. Given the rate of growth in Cornerstone, I believe it is vital to have great visionary leadership in place to serve the congregation and plan for the future. Tova has demonstrated extraordinary leadership in her present role as Director of Youth Ministry, and we are blessed to have her accept the opportunity to serve the greater church. As Campus Pastor, Tova will direct the Cornerstone staff, plan and implement mid-week programming, and coordinate discipleship for the Cornerstone community. I will continue as the lead preacher in all Cornerstone worship services.

Along with this transition, Stephen Lohoefer will step into a new role as Director of Youth Ministry. Stephen has been on the youth staff for six years as Youth Worship Coordinator, and he has demonstrated great leadership, innovation, and relational presence in the department. He has a bright future in ministry, and we are lucky to have him on staff and eager to assume the new role. We have an incredibly talented and gifted staff here at HPUMC, and it is a joy to work alongside them as they fulfill God’s call upon their lives. I hope you will take a minute to congratulate each on their new assignment.

Sincerely,

Paul Rasmussen



Dear Youth and Families -

I can't begin to tell you how excited I am about the opportunity to be named the Campus Pastor to Cornerstone.  I am equally excited that Stephen has been named the new Director of Youth Ministry for our church.  Honestly, we are the luckiest to have someone so incredibly talented to serve as our leader.
As a leader in our Youth Ministry for over 6 years now, I have been incredibly blessed - by the staff, the parents, the church.....and most especially, the youth.  For years you have been my family - my blessing.  An incredible gift to me.  I will never, ever take for granted or forget the time that God blessed me with each one of you.

The ONLY way I can walk away from this position without a flood of tears and immense sadness is two fold -

1.  I am moving to Cornerstone - best Contemporary Worship service ever.  Right next door.

2.  Stephen, Phil, Hillary, Bill, Lucy and Andrew have GOT THIS.

I have NEVER felt more confident in our staff- they are the best I have ever seen - our youth, our volunteers, our families.  You are in the best hands ever.......and I know- without a doubt - that God is watching over and blessing us along this path.

Please know that I am never far away. 

I love you.  Always will.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment